This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26674 by BlackCat
12 Mar 2004, 23:23
Yes, via Purple Parking and Amex.

Be aware... Purple Parking is a long way from the airport by the Tesco in Southall and not a good choice for medium term business car parking (Pink Elephant is much better/faster if you can afford it)
and Amex has a ruinous rate compared with Travelex, so don't get fooled!

And the darn pages aren't even properly branded! Caveat emptor...

BC
#26677 by The_Banking_Scot
13 Mar 2004, 00:08
Hi,

[Warning: Scottish Banker bias on line !!!!:D

I had a look at the rate for the US $ on the VS site today £1:$1.70

On the http://www.bankofscotland.com webiste it was offering T/Cs at £1: $1.74 ( $1.73 for cash)-ironically Amex suppies the Bank with its T/Cs

To avoid being accused of bias I would like to point out that Marks and Spenses often offer slightly better rates than even the Baank.

So My advice: Shop around ( and you could save :D)

[Scottish Banker hat off now!!]

Regards

TBS
#26688 by mitchja
13 Mar 2004, 13:43
I'm usually one of those poeple that foreign exchange shops like cos' I usally cannot be bothered shopping round and often get mt US dollars from travelex at LHR in terminal 3. The BAA WorldPoints do come in handy especially when converted to FC miles :D

James
#26761 by jaguarpig
16 Mar 2004, 12:49
If the currency is bought Direct from VS web site with a virgin credit card do you earn miles on the purchase.Whats the deal with the BAA world card I have one but have not used it since I got the virgin plastic and I have lost all the info.
#26815 by The_Banking_Scot
16 Mar 2004, 19:59
Hi jaguarpig,

I would doubt you could earn miles on foreign currency or travellers cheques on the VS card ( or any other card) as I think it is treated as a cash transaction and it is in the t & C's
With the world points card ( not the WorldCard credit card by BAA) you could get points.

Regards

TBS
#26880 by jaguarpig
17 Mar 2004, 12:02
Thanks I did not think so but you have to try.
Virgin Atlantic