This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#26698 by The_Banking_Scot
13 Mar 2004, 22:49
Hi 748748,

The short answer is, I think, unknown at present.

The original plan was for the A340-300's to be retired/sold sas the -600's came online. However a lot of them are being kept on to help cater for the new routes/expanded services.

I have not heard of any plants to refit them with the Suites or to install vport ( thinks can of course change).

Best advice:

Stay tuned for any further developments!!:D

Regards

TBS
#26699 by declansmith
13 Mar 2004, 23:18
The A343 will not be getting v-port or suites, the plan will be to get more new aircraft.

I see G-VSKY is now operated by BWIA!!!

I also hear Air Canada may be getting some of the older A343, these have Arcadia which means the plan to have just Oydessy and V-Port makes sense!
#26702 by Goldenoldie
14 Mar 2004, 07:03
A343s: new routes/expanded ...

I am aware about the expanded services for the US this summer and the probability of the Australia route but are there any other new routes planned?

I used the Toronto flight a few times before it was withdrawn and would like to see this re-instated. My daughter who lives in San Diego tells me that the BA direct flight to LHR is no longer; this apparently did not run every day but was always full when she used it and this would be another possibility.....

I thought that the main problem was slots at LHR
#26705 by BlackCat
14 Mar 2004, 10:48
Unfortunately the Toronto and Chicago routes were never that successful for Virgin. New routes that have been mentioned are of the bucket and spade type -- more to the Caribbean, maybe to Cuba and so on. Nothing official apart from VS starting Australia via Sydney.

I used to go to San Diego quite a bit, and a direct flight would have been useful, but it's rather unrealstic given that there is an easy and short hop down from LAX, and SAN is hardly a hub to anywhere else (well, maybe Tijuana!).

BC