This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#443 by papadoc
14 Mar 2004, 14:32
For the last couple of years I have been taking part in the 'Virgin Voice' programme, where about twice a year I get a phonecall and answer a few questions about the virgin products I use, Credit card, VA, pensions etc.

In return for this they send me some vouchers now and again, usually M&S ones, but this year they have sent me Virgin Vouchers. Does anybody now if these can be used onboard to buy Duty Free? They state on them that they can be used to book flights and holidays, as well as loads of other things like Virgin wines and Virgin Megastores but no mention of using them onboard.

Has anybody used these particular vouchers onboard, or will I be wasting my time taking them with me?

TIA for your replies.
#26739 by Nottingham Nick
15 Mar 2004, 19:13
papadoc

Welcome to Virginflyer.

The crew certainly accept some vouchers for duty free - like the ones you are given if you volunteer to be bumped and are not selected.

Your best bet is to ring the Retail Therapy line 0870 190 3003 - they should tell you for sure.

BTW - how did you get selected for the 'Virgin Voice' programme? Sounds like a few people on this board would be good candidates for that!!

Nick
#26741 by papadoc
15 Mar 2004, 19:37
Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply. I will give them a call.

As for Virgin Voice, I received a letter from them asking me to participate when I started a stakeholder pension with them. I also have the Virgin Flying Club Credit Card, and most of the questions asked seem to be aimed at the financial side of things, and my opinions on customer service, although they do ask which other Virgin services that I use, including VA.

I'm sorry that I do not have a contact number, but I beleive that the surveys are carried out by a firm called 'Opera Research'.

Richard. (papadoc)
#26742 by Nottingham Nick
15 Mar 2004, 19:52
Richard

Can you let us know what they say please?

It is always useful to know, I am sure someone will ask in the future.

Nick