This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#445 by vsdan
14 Mar 2004, 17:12
Hi,

I am just wondering, is there still no news about what Virgin is going to do with it's A340-300s. I realise, that they were supposed to have replaced them as the A340-600s came in, but with route growth, and many other factors, they decided to keep them. So, are they keeping them or have they made a decision to get rid of them all.

I know a couple have been sold, but what about the rest. I thought that they wanted to have V.Port, Odyssey and Upper Class Suite only by start of next year, but, as a few A340-300s have Arcadia, and they all have J2000, it seems that there will still be a chance of people getting J2000 and Arcadia, even next year.
Or maybe, they sell all of the ones with Arcadia and keep the ones with Odyssey. I don't know. So, is there news??
#26738 by Nottingham Nick
15 Mar 2004, 19:07
Dan

I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't have thought that the IFE would have been the deciding factor in whether they stay or go.

It may be a very important feature to you and I, but I would have thought the engine, air frame and general condition would sort out a pecking order for sale / retirement.

Nick
#26750 by ishan
16 Mar 2004, 00:01
The latest issue of Airline magazine has a picture of an ex-VS A340-300 in a hybrid BWIA scheme.

Forgot to note if they had the previous reg number by the picture.

Ishan