This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#457 by TJ
16 Mar 2004, 14:36
Hi,

I just called FC to talk about seat allocation for a flight to EWR I'm making in September (in economy).

I was told that (on a 744) I could only request seats from rows 34-44 (all seats directly on the wing) and from 57 back.

When I asked about requesting bulkhead seats (and paying extra for them), I was told that you cannot pre-book bulkhead/exit seats under any circumstances. This all has to be sorted at check-in.

I thought that you were able to pre-book bulkhead seats by paying £50 extra?

Anyhow, I think I'll leave it until check-in and ask there. At least I have my window seat preference set on my FC profile! :)

TJ :)
#26776 by Bazz
16 Mar 2004, 15:36
High TJ,

I don't think you can pre-book either bulkhead or exit row seats, they will only release them at check-in, certainly it is true of exit seats because they need to eyeball you to be sure you can help in the event of an emergency.
#26782 by CeeJay999
16 Mar 2004, 16:17
Hi TJ

They recently told me that bulkhead and exit can only be allocated at check-in. Bulkhead because it is not until check-in that they know how many infants will require basinets, and exit (extra £50) because, as Bazz said, they want to make sure that you are suitable.

Colin :)
#26798 by TJ
16 Mar 2004, 18:05
Thanks for that guys :)

I must have misunderstood what I read about the £50 extra etc and thought you could pay that in advance etc.

:)