This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#492 by Bazz
19 Mar 2004, 11:48
Hi all. Elwood, I hope you don't mind but I ran your jpeg of Sir RB's letter through our Read Iris OCR software and have pulished the text below, should save you having to send any more emails on this subject. ;)

TEXT FOLLOWS:

Sir Richard Branson

6th March 2004

Dear Upper Class Suite Passenger,

Welcome onboard today's flight. If this is your first trip in our new cabin, I very much hope you enjoy it.
I am very grateful to those of you who have written to me to tell me how much you like it.
Personally, I love the fact that I can sleep properly for the first time ever on a flight because of the space and comfort. If you've travelled with us recently you'll be pleased to know that we've introduced some changes to make it even better.

We've made some improvements to both the cocktail and main tray tables as they were a bit difficult to use and I'm pleased to tell you that we're now installing these across our fleet. We hope to have most of this completed by the end of the month, so please bear with us, and we'll be monitoring the changes to see if further improvements are needed.

We're developing a totally new reading light as some of our passengers have also told us that it should be brighter and that the light from other seats washes across the cabin. The new light requires re-certification which unfortunately takes time, so in the interim we have coated the reading light to reduce the level of glare and have loaded some clip on lights - just ask the crew if you need one to work or read.

Another excellent suggestion we've had is to make the partition between the centre seats on 747s removable to create adjoining seats for couples travelling together. This will be done as soon as possible.

Any other comments or suggestions about the new seat, bar or service - big or small - would be welcome as we roll them out across the whole fleet. You can also comment direct via our website http://www.virgin.com/suite.

Thanks very much for keeping us in the air and I hope you enjoy the rest of the flight.

Kind regards,

(RB signature here)

Richard Branson

120 Campden Hill Road
London W8 7AR
t 020 7313 2000
f 020 7313 2037

TEXT ENDS
#27115 by TJ
19 Mar 2004, 14:25
Thanks for that Bazz :)

That's good news for couples :)
#27125 by jaguarpig
19 Mar 2004, 16:16
or not as the case may be.:D
#27126 by Elwood
19 Mar 2004, 16:16
Bazz

Well done! I must get some decent OCR software.
#27128 by Bazz
19 Mar 2004, 16:54
quote:Originally posted by jaguarpig
or not as the case may be.:D

Chris, your wife doesn't read this board then? [B)] ;)
#27174 by Decker
20 Mar 2004, 18:51
This calls to mind an SRB comment I'm sure he made a while back about fitting double beds into UC. This is a great step in the right direction :D.
#27175 by jaguarpig
20 Mar 2004, 19:37
quote:Chris, your wife doesn't read this board then?

Not usually apart from when I was typing this reply[B)]
#27179 by mitchja
20 Mar 2004, 20:57
ouch.....
Virgin Atlantic