This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#497 by AlanA
19 Mar 2004, 19:47
As Virgin seem to have gone down the route of E tickets (my UC booking for Jan is an e Ticket) do they not send anything out in the post now? no UC luggage tags? no "this is the benefits available on you booking"? [:o)]
#27134 by JonBuck
19 Mar 2004, 19:53
Alan, I must admit the whole e-ticket issue takes a bit of getting used to. But the benefits are worth it. If you lose your ticket, all you have to do is find the nearest computer and prin out a new copy, no fees to pay! VIrgin ticket desks at the airport will let you use their machines if this happens. With regards to the tags, they will be attached to your baggage at check-in.

Jon
#27135 by AlanA
19 Mar 2004, 20:02
quote:Originally posted by JonBuck
With regards to the tags, they will be attached to your baggage at check-in.

Jon

Damn! No posing through the airport with the "look I am flying Upper class, you cattle people" [}:)]:D:D:D
#27138 by JonBuck
19 Mar 2004, 20:14
Do what I do, keep them and put them on the next journey! Eat my trolley dust Y class![}:)]
#27141 by thescientist
19 Mar 2004, 20:48
Hi,

When e-tickets work they are great [8D]

When you need to change airlines, they are a nightmare [V]

And some airports (e.g. IAD) you need to exit security to get checked in out front, which is a major pain, even in UC. [:(!]

2 cents :D

TS
#27142 by RichardMannion
19 Mar 2004, 20:52
As someone siad, they will give you your Premium/Upper Class luggage tags at the airport.

If you really want them beforehand, you can phone up and they wills ned you some out.

Thanks,
Richard
#27164 by mitchja
20 Mar 2004, 13:45
Yep e-tickets rock [:p]

Much much easier to upgrade a the airport too if required.
#27172 by Decker
20 Mar 2004, 18:22
The problem with e-tickets is (or used to be) if you're flying in the US and you need to xfr to another airline 'cos something goes wrong with your flight, paper tickets can be endorsed but e-tickets can't.
Virgin Atlantic