This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#546 by [email protected]
24 Mar 2004, 11:36
I have a very modest collection of Flying Club miles (38K) which I hope to use for either a companion flight or a reward flight at some point in the future. When I log into my FC account it says the miles are due to expire (sometime in 2007 I think). Does this mean that if I don't use the miles by a certain date they will be lost?

Regards

Rob
#27565 by Decker
24 Mar 2004, 11:40
They stay current for three years from your last activity date so if you don't take another VS flight before then they will expire otherwise they'll just roll!
#27570 by jaguarpig
24 Mar 2004, 12:14
Or if you get and use the VS mastercard miles will be deposited each month so miles will keep rolling.
#27589 by Nottingham Nick
24 Mar 2004, 17:21
If you are getting close to having the miles expire, and are not due to fly for a while, then a simple Hilton (or any other of the brands offering points)hotel stay will do the trick. Alternatively hire a car from Avis or Hertz.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/flying_c ... ng.view.do

Hotel / partner miles usually take longer to post than VS miles.

Nick
#27650 by [email protected]
24 Mar 2004, 21:45
Thanks for that, you've put my mind at rest. I do have a VA Mastercard so I'm slowly adding to my meagre collection of points. All I need to do know is decide whether it's best to get a companion ticket now, or save up for a couple of reward flights...

Regards

Rob
#27664 by Nottingham Nick
24 Mar 2004, 23:05
Rob

If you do a search on companion tickets in the forums, there have been lots of discussions about them. General concensus seems to be that they are not great for UC travel but sometimes can save you money in economy - always worth checking for your particular dates and destination though.

Nick
#27692 by BlackCat
25 Mar 2004, 09:03
There are a small number of routes where the companion tickets can save you money on UC too -- the South African flights certainly did for us. However, Z fares booked early enough always seem to be cheaper than half the price of a J.

BC
#27723 by jaguarpig
25 Mar 2004, 13:48
Companion rewards(2xmastercard) saved me a few quid for PE going to BOS that is unless some supper deal comes out before we go in August.Worked out at £2773inc tax for 4 PE tickets.Current price direct from VS web site is £4,234.00inc tax so not a bad saving.
#27847 by AlanA
26 Mar 2004, 17:23
quote:Originally posted by Decker
They stay current for three years from your last activity date so if you don't take another VS flight before then they will expire otherwise they'll just roll!

Its strange, I lost 1,500 Freeway miles, even though I had flown Upper Class in Dec 1999 and lost the Freeway miles in April 2000
Virgin Atlantic