This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#580 by freeway
26 Mar 2004, 14:27
The Daily Express reports that Californian Governor and Hollywood action hero Arnold Schwarzenegger is wooing Sir Richard Branson to base his new no frills US airline in Los Angeles to boost the local economy. Arnie called Branson to sell LA to him - Branson was impressed by his personal touch.
#27832 by Bazz
26 Mar 2004, 14:35
LAX would be good for me, and we would get a proper Clubhouse. [8D]
#27927 by LAX21
27 Mar 2004, 07:04
hope it works out!
#27990 by RichardMannion
28 Mar 2004, 17:55
Not sure we would get a proper clubhouse:

a) This will be a separate airline, just like Virgin Blue
b) Virgin have wanted a Clubhouse at LAX for a long time as its a busy business route, problem is space.

Thanks,
Richard
#28008 by Bazz
28 Mar 2004, 20:22
It would be great if it was combined with VS international traffic and perhaps they would be able to accomodate the new A380's, all of which would mean a new terminal and a Clubhouse, well I can dream! [^]
#28031 by TJ
29 Mar 2004, 00:15
How bizarre, the governor of California trying to undermine the pitch of one Californian city (San Francisco) for another. [V]

Though I suppose San Francisco isn't the most popular place in the books of the oh-so-ethical governor at the moment [xx(]
#28041 by Bazz
29 Mar 2004, 10:15
Hi TJ,

He has been involved in the LAX bid for some time and has been having a battle with the counties affected by the proposed enlargement of LAX to take the superjumbo and proposed general increase in traffic volumes.

I do agree it is a little odd to see the Governor favouring one city against another but I'm sure he has his reasons ;)
#28080 by TJ
29 Mar 2004, 14:54
Hi Bazz,

I understand that he's been involved with the LAX bid, but it is wrong for a state governor to openly come out in support of one city, when there is another city in his state also bidding.

I also don't doubt that he has reasons for doing it and I think we all know the root of his reasoning. After all, San Francisco kind of fell out with Arnie a month-or-so ago.
Virgin Atlantic