This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#610 by Vegascrazy
29 Mar 2004, 09:40
Anyone know why the seat map doesn't show for my return flight LAX-LHR VS024 on 25/9? When I booked our PE seats for the outbound (VS007 on 17/9) the agent at Flying Club said that seat booking for the return flight would be possible within 180 days saying that Mon 29th would be the date when it becomes possible. I'm keen to get the return seats booked as the aircraft is an A340 and, reading all the stuff on this site about the A340, it sounds like PE in the A340 is a bit of a let down :-( On the Virgin web site this morning it says "We're sorry. The seat map is not available at this time. Your seats will be assigned at check in" alongside my return flight.

Finally, any recommendations for the best pair of PE seats on the A340. I've looked at the seat map page on this site and it sounds like none of them are that good!
#28042 by Bazz
29 Mar 2004, 10:18
You can keep trying, it maybe the volume of traffic or a server/software glitch, on the otherhand you can call VS and reserve your seats.
#28052 by LAX21
29 Mar 2004, 11:23
if your class of service is full then you might not see the seatmap. also, as bazz said, you could keep trying,
or even better, use the wonderful seatmap and seat ratings on this site - http://virginflyer.com/seats.asp and just call VS and pick your seats :)

have a nice flight

Chris
#28085 by Vegascrazy
29 Mar 2004, 15:53
Thanks for the pointers. I've just phoned Virgin and booked the seats, so all OK. The interesting this is is that now when I go on to virgin.com the seat map shows!! It's almost as though it only shows, and allows editing, after you've spoken to an agent to do the initial assignment! I've booked us 21H & K for the A340 return flight based on what people say on the virginflyer seat map page! If anyone's got any better recommendation just let me know. Thanks
#28511 by squibber
06 Apr 2004, 03:00
Having booked online seats via the VS website for two flights, a re-visit declares that the seat map is "unavailable" and that seats will be assigned at check in-although the page still shows the original requested seats. On a check though with the AMEX seats show as still available.
Any insights?
Sq
Virgin Atlantic