This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#618 by Jonathan S
29 Mar 2004, 17:28
So I'm booked out this Friday, VS9, PE seats - all fine. And back on VS2, Newark/London suites on Sunday.

Currently virgin don't have any mileage seats on the return, and are telling me to wait until day of/day before to check. Do we think they will release any further seats on a suite craft now or is this a pipedream?

I'm gold, so was also thinking (only have enough miles to upgrade us both one way)... do you think there is any chance of (hush hush!!!) op upgrade on the way out (PE cabin looks full) or should I spank my miles on the outbound - and when's the latest point I can do it (ie. in the Clubhouse)???

Oh god -the hell of it all!!!

ps. don't anyone get miffy about mentioning the op-up phrase, i need to look at the 'whole context' of my journey (can you tell I work in marketing?!)
#28098 by Pete
29 Mar 2004, 17:42
Jonathan,

You can hang on until the Clubhouse - by then you'll know whether you've been op-up'd :)

Personally I'd save your miles for the return (eastbound), as that's when getting some shut-eye is more appreciated. They won't release any extra seats for pre-booking, but generally allow mileage upgrades at the airport if there's space. It's a gamble, whichever way you look at it, but that's part of the fun of it :D

Pix
#28099 by Jonathan S
29 Mar 2004, 17:48
Pix,
Totally agree - it's nervewracking but part of the fun. I've flown the suite a couple of times, but really want to get in there for the return as my partner hasn't, so keep it all crossed!

Jonathan
#28153 by jaguarpig
30 Mar 2004, 10:09
I Booked a couple of upgrades from Y to UC on our flights next week to JFK about 3 months ago.There was not one single seat avalible on any of the suites for reward bookings outbound or return, the FC agent did say to ring back the week before to see if any more had been released.I like the J2000 seat so I am sticking with the VS045.
#28155 by mcuth
30 Mar 2004, 10:16
Chris

I'm due to take the final leg of my trip on 4th April on VS04, JFK > LHR. Rang up last week to check miles upgrade availability - none at all, but the phone agent did say to make sure I check in nice and early as they'll probably be looking to upgrade folks (and I'm sure I heard a ;) in his voice :D)

Cheers
#28163 by jaguarpig
30 Mar 2004, 12:29
This will probably be the last time for wife and I to get away together for a while so I did not want to chance it so I burnt the 120000 miles.I think just over £1000 for 2 UC returns is excellent value.I agree nothing quite beats a freebie but then again its good to know you are up front whatever.mcuth good luck with 4th April on VS004:D.
Virgin Atlantic