This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#633 by Ken Gilbert
30 Mar 2004, 20:16
Has anyone used or seen the Infant Care Chair?
I am seeking your opinion-
My wife and I will be traveling from LA to London and onward from there with our 14 month old twin girls.
Is the ICC worth using? Is it not bulky or restrictive? I can't imagine them sleeping the entire trip, they will want to move or play a little bit, will the ICC cause us more frustration than help?
I was imagining buying a seat between my wife and having the girls sit, play, sleep and eat- working in and out of that open seat.
What is your opinion on the best seating arrangment for our first trans-atlantic flight with them?
Thanks in advance,
Ken.
#28214 by AlanA
30 Mar 2004, 20:25
We have taken my two year old son twice on VS.
the first time he was 3 months old, so we used the bassinet. OK, but a bit of a bumpy ride meant he kept having to be removed and held on the lap.
second time he was 18 moths old, and as were in the lower UC seat on the way out he sat in the middle between us. On the way back we were in PE and he slept on my wife all the way back, uncomfortable for the wife!
This time he is 35 months old, we have bought him an UC seat but have oredered the ICC seat as well, for the flight back when he will sleep most of it
#28228 by declansmith
31 Mar 2004, 01:08
If you in economy then this could be tricky you will be able to have one bassinet position and maybe one on your lap.

If you bought a seat you could have say ABC or HKG and the girls can share the seat during the flight and sit on your laps during the flight.

ICC take time to fit so make sure you ring Virgin res and request it so the crew can fit it before you board if you dont want it or dont like they can simply remove it for you.

Or put one in a ICC and one in the bassinett!!!but u will have to buy a seat for them of course!!