This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#28234 by chefknife
31 Mar 2004, 10:15
would probably been the real thing, it sits on the ground for over 8 hours in London - i did look as though they used stock footage of earlyier bird for outside shot
#28235 by randalf
31 Mar 2004, 10:17
Yeah, I noticed it too. (Took my mind off that they used exactly the same con as used in "The Sting" but it was watchable non-the-less!)

I'm suprised that this sort of thing doesn't fall foul of the BBC's remit not to advertise commerical products in any way - it was pretty damn obvious it was Virgin Atlantic!
#28236 by Nottingham Nick
31 Mar 2004, 10:21
I started to watch it, but when the 'victim' of the con turned out to be the chap who played DI Grimm in The Thin Blue Line. I am afraid I couldn't watch it without waiting for Rowan Atkinson to burst in:)

He is probably a fine actor, but he will always be typecast for me.

Nick
#28250 by BlackCat
31 Mar 2004, 16:54
The actor is David Haig. He was in Four Weddings and a Funeral... mind you his undoubted talents were wasted in the dross that was the Thin Blue Line...

BC
#28255 by sfo20
31 Mar 2004, 18:49
Hi Everyone new to the forum!

Does anyone know of any repeats due?
#28261 by jonathan020
31 Mar 2004, 23:06
quote:Originally posted by BlackCat
The actor is David Haig. He was in Four Weddings and a Funeral... mind you his undoubted talents were wasted in the dross that was the Thin Blue Line...

BC

Great actor, I loved the thin blue line! He was a class act in it ;-)
Virgin Atlantic