This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#636 by jcoles7
31 Mar 2004, 09:19
I went onto the Virgin Ifly website on the 23rd March and to my amazement found that to go to Grenada I could get a ticket in UC for £56 !!!! Clearly a mistake !!!! I then tried to actually book this to no avail.. No flights found. I emailed Flying Club and asked for there help to book the tickets.. I do actually have a screen shot if anyone wants it that I could upload but could not find a way to do it. Here is the response I got from Flying Club...

Thank you for your email.

Our Website Editors are aware of the error on our i-fly website and rectified this as soon as possible. It appears that only the airport taxes were being displayed for the Upper Class 'milesplusmoney' ticket to Grenada. In light of the above, we will not be honouring the GBP56.00 fare that was quoted for Upper Class.

After investigating the dates that you requested, I can see that at present there are 'milesplusmoney' fares for your outbound journey, but not for your return date. Should you like to speak with your flying club line, please call them directly on 08701 61 60 59 available daily between
7am - 10pm.

Please contact us should you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Sharon Roberts
Contact Centre Customer Services Team

Voted Best Transatlantic Airline 2004 by Travel Weekly Magazine.

What a Shame .....
#28237 by Nottingham Nick
31 Mar 2004, 10:25
There have been several stories on Flyertalk of 'rogue fares' appearing on airlines websites - a big victim of this being BA. They set up an early warning system to notify fellow FTers of such fares.

I am sure if anyone here saw such a fare they would let us know[}:)]
or should that be let VS know?:)

Nick
#28245 by Decker
31 Mar 2004, 14:41
Interestingly Amazon have set a precedent where such deals don't need to be honoured as they're patently wrong and the contract doesn't happen until they ACCEPT the deal. I wonder if that would apply here?
#28246 by stevendq
31 Mar 2004, 15:17
From the bit I know about UK law, prices advertised arent contractually binding..

As you say Decker, Amazon have demonstrated this in the past, but its not really anything new.

I understand the law as the advertised price is essentially seen as an acceptable offer. And then the consumer is effectively saying that they will pay x for product/service y. Its then when the supplier accepts this offer that a contract is formed. This is the same as the supermarket, although it gets more complex with trading standards, customer satisfaction etc...