This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#642 by Jock
31 Mar 2004, 23:18
I am flying VA Gatwick to San Juan (11July)as part of a Princess Cruises package. As this will be a charter flight, is it possible to request seats in advance or is it a case of "take your chance" at check-in? If it is possible to book seats, what would you recommend?
#28276 by HighFlyer
01 Apr 2004, 16:35
Hi there

I didnt think Virgin flew to San Juan? Are you sure you are going there, or are you flying into Antigua/Barbados and transferring to another flight?

In answer to your question, just call Virgin Atlantic and ask to pre-book your seat (i dont have the number here but its on the website) They will usually only ask you for the flight dates (and times if applicable) and your details, they can then pre-book with that info but the seats are not guaranteed.

I have luckily always had my prebooked seat but i know others who are not so lucky!
#28279 by Pete
01 Apr 2004, 16:44
I guess the grey area here is whether VS will be handling the seat allocation, or whether the cruise company are. Not been on a VS charter, so can't offer any direct experience here, but I would guess VS reservations may not have access to that seat plan, and unless the cruise company are particularly well organised, they may leave it for check-in on the day.

Any Virgin staffers around who have more insight into this?

Pix
#28289 by arfortune
01 Apr 2004, 18:31
Hi
I too am travelling on this flight, albeit a fortnight later (25/7. Having tried asking VS customer services several questions, they always respond saying "it's up to P&O/Princess".

What I have found out, however, is that it's scheduled to be an A340-300 (I was surprised at that - but potentially better IFE!), Twilight check-in is available, it's due to leave around 1230 and it's economy service throughout. If you've booked UC or PE seats, you just get the bigger seats and legroom.

Try phoning Princess and speaking to their charter flight department - they're always great and answered all my questions so far!