This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#646 by HighFlyer
01 Apr 2004, 16:18
Hi

I am going on a Virgin Holiday and staying at a hotel that offers FC miles (as stated in the rewards guide) Has anyone else done this? And do you know my entitlement (both myself and partner are sharing a suite but are both FC members)

I dropped the hotel and VH a mail but no reply as yet. Just thought i would ask here if any of you have done this? I guess that the hotel would reward points on my staying there regardless of how i booked (well, im hoping anyway!) There are 10,500 points at stake here!!

Thanks

:)
#28278 by Pete
01 Apr 2004, 16:40
It depends very much on the hotel. Like airlines, some of their rates may be non-earning. Probably worth waiting for a response from the hotel itself, but then it's still worth presenting your card at check in.

As for entitlement, even if they do offer miles on a VH booking, I've never heard of a hotel crediting miles to 2 people in the same room. I would suspect only one of you will be able to get the miles credit, if it's available.

Pix
#28281 by Nottingham Nick
01 Apr 2004, 16:47
I have always believed that it is only paid stays at hotels, which are booked direct, qualify for points. Stays booked through travel agents as part of a package or through a discounter like Priceline do not usually qualify.

No harm in asking though - let us know what happens.

Nick
#28283 by mitchja
01 Apr 2004, 17:05
This has only ever worked once for me (not with FC though).

Several years ago I was flying Qantas to SYD and had a stop-over in SIN. Hotel was booked and paid for thru travel agent and as a Qantas Club member I showed my card at check-in on the off-change, low and behold several weeks later I received 1500 miles :)
#28284 by jaguarpig
01 Apr 2004, 17:07
You will only get miles for one of you whatever.I have always been credited miles when staying at hilton (1000 per stay) when booked through VH but no miles when staying at elegant hotels in Barbados.I have always got the miles and tps from the flights and have been booked on better tickets usually D(qualify for the free gifts promotion) rather than cheapy Z through VH.I would still put the card across the desk and hope you never know.
#28285 by TJ
01 Apr 2004, 17:54
I almost always book my hotel stays through an agent (either VTS or VH and sometimes even Lastminute.com) and have never had any problems handing my FlyingCLub card over at check-in. No one has ever queried the fact that I didn't book the stay direct as the booking is in my name, even if booked through an agent.

Pix is right about hotels not crediting miles to two people in one room. The miles will be credited to whoever the main name is on the booking.
#28336 by HighFlyer
02 Apr 2004, 10:38
Thanks for all your help guys!

I will certainly try it and see, hopefully the staff will be very nice and give us the miles, eben if only one of us gets them then its ok.

I will let you know for sure, will be going in September and am really looking forward to it.
Virgin Atlantic