This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#28381 by Decker
03 Apr 2004, 13:54
Well most people on the forum expressed an interest in INSPASS when we talked about it and that stores my palm print so fingerprints don't seem too bad :)
#28386 by Elwood
03 Apr 2004, 15:41
There's an article in the Daily Telegraph travel section today which looks like it was written before this latest announcement saying that it looks like the US is going to delay for two years the requirement for travellers with passports issued after 26 October 2004 to have ones with "biometric indicators" or obtain a visa. This apparently after pressure from EU governments and US tourism lobby.

I wonder if they might review this latest proposal if similar representations are made.

Yours truly is due to be flying in to LAX on 30 September, proposed implementation date of fingerprinting and photographing, so that might be interesting. Incidentally by my calculations 180 days from today but no seat map on Virgin website although it is on Expedia.

I would have posted a link to the Telegraph Online website but the article is not there.
#28387 by jonathan020
03 Apr 2004, 16:08
Thats interesting. My passport expires in May 2005 so I really need to get one before that. Its machine readable but my understanding is biometric passports are not available here till at least May next year.

Yeah I just booked a flight to Boston for July on Expedia and got the seat map but when I checked Virgin's site they didnt have one. I get conflicting information between the two, as explained in http://www.virginflyer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=652
#28410 by jonathan020
04 Apr 2004, 11:19
Oops just realised TBS beat me to it with this news post.

I will try opening my eyes next time!

Sorry!
#28414 by Elwood
04 Apr 2004, 12:26
Sunday Telegraph reports today that Blair is going to Washington this week to plead with Bush to delay implemenation of this measure for British citizens. I expect they will have one or two other things to talk about as well!
#28419 by jonathan020
04 Apr 2004, 15:58
Good ole Tony. I hope thats true. I think its also time we did a similar scheme here. Oh well America's today is britains tomorrow so I guess its just a matter of time!
Virgin Atlantic