This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#691 by mdvipond
05 Apr 2004, 13:06
Planning to splash out with the FC miles this autumn. Rewards guide quotes 60,000 miles for an economy to UC upgrade. Is this one way or round trip, and would this be applicable for LHR-LAX?
#28446 by Pete
05 Apr 2004, 13:45
That's round trip (only 20K more and you can get the whole thing on miles).

Yup, that will apply to LHR-LAX. Go for the VS07/08 (earlier flight) for a better chance of Suites. They've been using an A343 on the later flights recently.

Pix
#28447 by mdvipond
05 Apr 2004, 14:00
Jolly good - that was the answer I was hoping for :D

Off to ANU in 10 days, after which I should have the full 80K. My partner will have a shade over 60K, as soon as her Virgin mastercard comes through. Looking to go LHR-LAX in mid-october, so it should be one UC full monty for me and one economy to UC upgrade for my Long Suffering. How do we go about booking these flights? I notice from the VS Terms & Conditions that upgrade tickets can be quite limited as far as dates and availability are concerned. Howcan we make sure we get what we want when we want it? Wouldn't want to rely on hoping for an upgrade on the day, for instance.