This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#698 by HighFlyer
05 Apr 2004, 14:40
I have booked a VH trip to Barbados in September. I called Virgin to pre-book my seats but they told me that they had no details of my booking. They advised that i contact VH again, which i did and they confirmed my holiday. I have also had the postal confirmation.

I was going to wait a few weeks, perhaps Virgin did not have my details yet? Although the person i spoke to said that they had details for that flight and i was a little concerned that they had no details for me?

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am i alone?

I dont know whether to worry or not? Pre-booking seats isnt essential, but i would like to know that they are expecting me for the flight!!

:)
#28450 by timsdm
05 Apr 2004, 15:01
I had a simillar issue I've booked a trip round the far east and don't have a booking ref no. As far as I am aware VHOLS dont issue tickets till 2 weeks prior but when you pay the balance ask for the reference no.s or get them to pre book the seats for you.
I think someone mentioned in a previous thread that VHOLS dont tell VS about their bookings till later (when I dont know)
#28454 by jaguarpig
05 Apr 2004, 15:49
I always book the seats via flying club after booking with VH, the booking has always showed on the VS system straight away.Only thing is nearly all of my booking are last minute I have booked up for xmas but it too far ahead for the seat map to be showing yet.
#28468 by RichardMannion
05 Apr 2004, 19:53
Strane, I know that when I have booked with VH in the past the details have gone over very quickly, next day at the latest.

As for the earlier comment about 2 weeks before and paying, I think you'll find its 10 weeks before that the balance is due, but the tickets are dispatched 2 weeks before.

Thanks,
Richard
#28502 by mitchja
05 Apr 2004, 23:42
Whenever I've booked thru VH I then call FC to add my number (VH sometimes dont add the FC number) - all VS need is the date of travel, flight number and a surname. I've never had any problems with this to date.
#28590 by HighFlyer
07 Apr 2004, 12:00
Just to update you all, i finally booked my seats today! 77 A&C for out and inbound, which is fine for us!

I cant think why there was such a delay, perhaps an incompetant or newly trained person? But all sorted now.

Either that or they are so fed up with me contacting them for this and that?? hehe
Virgin Atlantic