This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#699 by ghagger
05 Apr 2004, 14:52
Hey guys,

Just had my worst phone experience ever with VS.

Don't worry it wasn't that bad, just Peter Andre on the damn hold music!!! grr!!!

No, the biggest problem though, was trying to book a mile plus money flight for september. According to i-fly, flight VS9 is available for this promo in september, but calling up flying club (after finding the website is busted), I was told m+m isn't valid for that flight. Please note, I literally mean 'not valid' rather than 'all m+m seats used up.'

I guess I'm just wondering, has anyone else had any similar problems booking m+m? And how was it resolved?

It's also a warning, beware the (even worse than usual) hold music.

Regards,

Graham
#28488 by Nottingham Nick
05 Apr 2004, 22:30
Whenever you get a reply that defies logic, it is always worth ringing again and speaking to a different agent - or go down the Supervisor route.

I have always found the first option works for me though:)
#28546 by ghagger
06 Apr 2004, 18:15
Unfortunatly being on a mere 10 tier points and booking every other flight as M+M, I don't really carry a lot of clout with VS. So basically, after speaking to 3 different people, I finally managed to get one who actually called me back (John, extension 3039, if anyone needs a good FC-Red contact).

Turns out VS009 is no longer part of the M+M offer for september (along with a few other flights!), and despite the fact they had X fares available, they weren't willing to give me one as a result of their false advertising on I-Fly.

In the end I've ended up on VS001 on the same day, with an M+M seat.
#28547 by Nottingham Nick
06 Apr 2004, 18:50
Graham

As we have said many times before, it is worth dropping a polite but firm letter to VS - explaining the situation, explaining the fact that the flight was advertised as being available in the M+M scheme and letting them know you are not happy.

Nick
#28552 by ghagger
06 Apr 2004, 20:21
Nick,

I'll settle for what I've got this time. It's now sorted (kinda) satisfactorarily, and any changes means changing my girlfriends ticket too.

At the end of the day, it just means I'm gonn have to leave work a little earlier :D Oh the tragedy [:o)]
Virgin Atlantic