This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#758 by HighFlyer
07 Apr 2004, 12:05
Hi Guys

I desperately need to book a flight for next year (6/03/2005 to 08/05/2005) to MCO. There will be 6 of us going in PE. We already have a villa booked - hence the urgency.

I tried booking through VH as they had the availability up, but they didnt have enough seats, and now seemed to be fully booked except 4 UC seats.

I called VA and was advised that i cant book until 08/05/2004 (11 months or 336 days before return departure date) Is this true? So does this mean that if i were to be in away for 6 months that i couldnt book my return flight until 11 months prior to my return date?

I have never had to book so far in advance and have not encountered this before. I am starting to wonder if there will be enough seats left, as i want 6 of the mere 38 PE seats in the cabin.
#28593 by mitchja
07 Apr 2004, 12:15
Yep you can only book airline seats a maximum of 11 months in advance. This is the same for all airlines.
#28594 by mitchja
07 Apr 2004, 12:20
I've have a booking with VH for the Maldives in November this year which has been booked since last August. The flights were only entered into VH's system last week.
#28596 by HighFlyer
07 Apr 2004, 12:37
Ok, so the seats that have been booked through VH will not be entered onto the system until the same day that i will book my seats?

That seems fair ... I am so worried that i will not be able to book all my seats. I am so glad that VA are launching another flight daily to MCO. These flights are always very busy and very popular.

Does anyone know what percentage of the seats VA keep? I know they give a percentage away to holiday companies such as VH but i wonder how mny of thoe PE seats will be available to book direct with VA on the day?