This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#798 by walker
09 Apr 2004, 22:24
i have looked on several different sites for an upper class ticket to orlando and getting several different prices ranging from £1,200 to £4,200 the highest being on virgins website and the cheapest being on expedia, can someone tell me if i book on expedia will i have resistrictions and not the full service

many thanks for replies in advance

walker
#28775 by Pete
09 Apr 2004, 22:34
Hi Walker,

Seats in all cabins are sold in 'buckets', and each has its own restrictions which could be as subtle as the pure availability, to whether you get miles, tier points or limo transfers.

For Upper, there's three main buckets for revenue seats. J is full fare, and gets you the full works. The next cheapest is D, and you still get the full works as far as service, but there's not as many of those tickets available and there may be some restrictions on changing the ticket. The deep-discount fares are in Z, and whilst the on-board service is exactly the same, and you do get to use the Clubhouse & Revivals, you don't get the limo and typically they are non-transferable, non-refundable.

Pix
#28817 by Jaydun
10 Apr 2004, 19:42
1200 seems a bit low, check to make sure this is UC both ways! I dont know if expedia pull that trick but other web sites do, and what looks like a bargain on closer inspection isnt.
#28880 by Jonathan S
11 Apr 2004, 22:31
For reference,

I have seen a 1300 UC return fare advertised on VA.com, departing in May.

Jonathan