For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#942666 by Kraken
04 Apr 2018, 17:49
I've got my GE enrolment interview scheduled for Monday at the US Embassy in London.

I've just had 3 identical emails from cbp.dhs.gov informing me I can forego the interview and enrol when I next arrive in the USA if my airport is on the list. MCO is on the list - but only Airside 1 & 2. VS fly into Airside 4.

I am 99.99% guessing this is a no-go as it would be impossible to clear TSA security for Airside 1 or 2 without a boarding pass, let alone gain access into the FIS area for arriving passengers to see a CBP officer. Indeed even if arriving as an internal passenger into Airside 1 or 2 it'd doubtless be very hard, as you would bypass the FIS area as an internal passenger.

Looks like I'm off to London on Monday then...! Shame CPB don't make the information slightly more user friendly for less-savvy passengers who may potentially end up forfeiting their $100 application fee.
#942668 by tontybear
04 Apr 2018, 18:07
I'll miss you at Nine Elms by a day!

Yes they do have a tendency to mangle and / or hide useful information!
#942669 by David
04 Apr 2018, 18:33
James, I did my Global Entry interview at MCO a few years ago - the office is (was) landside in the main terminal in one of the "cross" paths between the two large walkways - think near the RonJon surf shop and the post office bit

David
Last edited by David on 04 Apr 2018, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
#942670 by David
04 Apr 2018, 18:34
"The Global Entry Enrollment Center is located on the B-side of the terminal, on Level 3, near the Food Court. Applications and interview scheduling must be done on the Global Entry web site." off their website

David
#942672 by Kraken
04 Apr 2018, 19:06
Thanks for this info... a few further Google searches on terms like "Global entry interview Orlando" also elicit such information - the office is landside in the B side of the terminal.

Unfortunately it's only open Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. We arrive on a Saturday on the later VS73 from MAN, so the office would already have long-closed, even if it was open on a Saturday.

Looks like a day trip to London for us on Monday... only I need GE, as the GF has a Visa for frequent work visits. We've pre-booked the cheap train tickets to/from London, so once I'm done at the Embassy we'll have a bit of liquid refreshment before heading home to the Midlands (not driving when we get back, I hasten to say).
#942699 by Sealink
06 Apr 2018, 00:47
Arguably, the interview in London will be easier than in the US - I'm basing this on my experience with immigration officers on arrival in US versus the convivial conversation I had in London. But my goodness Global Entry is worth every penny!!!
#942711 by tontybear
06 Apr 2018, 08:24
How soon after the interview do you get your KTN?

My interview is next Tuesday and I have a US internal the week after so pre check would be good and if I can use the GE machines at SNN that would be good as well as my last experience there was awful (I must have found the only CBP agent who had no idea of the concept of a miles run!).

I know I only need the number and not a physical card.
#942714 by mitchja
06 Apr 2018, 09:10
You should receive your KTN within a few hours or so at the same time you get your 'Fully accepted / Approved' letter via email.

I seem to remember I received my accepted email as I was driving back from the FLL Global Entry office to my hotel.

Your KTN is actually your Global Entry membership number, which may already be listed in your online application. Sorry I cannot remember at which point in the process your membership number is actually generated.

Foreign passport holders no longer receive a card anymore.
#942715 by Southroma
06 Apr 2018, 09:35
Just been reading a ‘Global Entry’ thread on the DIBB Forum:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showth ... obal+Entry

If I have understood it correctly, this would appear to indicate that recent passengers arriving on Virgin Atlantic flights at MCO Orlando have been able to have their GE applications processed, despite the cbp.gov website claiming this is only available at ‘Airside One and Airside Two’.

It seems that, when arriving, you need to approach one of the ‘greeters’ to explain that you wish to have your GE processed, and then you are directed to the appropriate desk(s).
#944999 by Lindsk
10 Jul 2018, 15:22
Good afternoon all.

I know this previous thread is a a few months old, but I have been searching for the answer to my question and not found a definitive answer yet (apologies if I have missed it)

I want to apply for the GE but am slightly confused as to whether we can have our interview on landing at MCO (we land 22nd Nov - Thanksgiving - on the VS15, landing 17.35).

I am thinking this may not be the best date to try and get the interview but date aside, if we don't do it this time, would we still be able to get an interview at 17.35 (we are also going in April 2019 so could do it then) as I am sure I read that if you arrive on a later flight, it is too late?
#945001 by gumshoe
10 Jul 2018, 15:54
According to the CBP website Enrolment on Arrival at MCO is available from 6am to midnight daily. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be available on Thanksgiving as AFAIK it’s done by the same CBP people that staff the immigration hall, and they’ll certainly be working normally.

The landside enrolment centre at MCO is only open between 8am and 4pm Mon-Fri and, I suspect, would almost certainly be closed on Thanksgiving but that’s totally separate to Enrolment on Arrival so wouldn’t matter in your case.
#945002 by Lindsk
10 Jul 2018, 16:02
gumshoe wrote:According to the CBP website Enrolment on Arrival at MCO is available from 6am to midnight daily. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be available on Thanksgiving as AFAIK it’s done by the same CBP people that staff the immigration hall, and they’ll certainly be working normally.

The landside enrolment centre at MCO is only open between 8am and 4pm Mon-Fri and, I suspect, would almost certainly be closed on Thanksgiving but that’s totally separate to Enrolment on Arrival so wouldn’t matter in your case.

thanks gumshoe. Good point about the staff.... I am too excited about the prospect of GE.. :-D
#945012 by tontybear
11 Jul 2018, 15:05
I would check closer to the date whether or not they will do this on Thanksgiving or not as it is a Federal Holiday and much of the Government gets the day off apart from essential functions. Whilst immigration is an essential function they may not regard GE interviews in the same way. For example the US Embassy in London is closed on both UK and US public holidays

Also keep an eye out for interviews being held back in London.
#945031 by gumshoe
12 Jul 2018, 15:44
For Enrolment on Arrival no, you don’t need an appointment. You just tell the immigration officer at the border you want to complete your Global Entry enrolment and they’ll arrange it there and then.

If you want your interview at a landside enrolment centre, some do offer walk-up appointments but you should still book a slot in advance. Reports suggest MCO doesn’t accommodate walk-ups (but, to be clear, it does offer Enrolment on Arrival).
Virgin Atlantic