For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#946960 by DragonLady
11 Nov 2018, 13:30
Like it says :)
Mr DL is currently based in Australia ( and will be for a while) and I’d planned to go out for a few weeks next year ( flying into either SYD or MEL). VS are unfortunately asking silly money for the dates I’m looking at:( ( mid March - Early April).
I don’t really want to be doing an ex -EU ( although possibly would if there were any offers like the recent SQ ones). Asiana are coming up at about £2,600 in J ( VS want £5-6,000). Anyone here flown with them?
At this rate I’ll be down the back......
If anyone has any experience/comments about Asiana or any other suggestions on carriers/ options I’d be very grateful :)
Thanks,
DL
#946962 by gumshoe
11 Nov 2018, 14:59
I’d hold on for a few weeks. Bound to be some Black Friday or Christmas offers. Qatar often do some very good Aus deals via DOH, particularly if you’re willing to do an ex-EU.
#946963 by DragonLady
11 Nov 2018, 15:04
gumshoe wrote:I’d hold on for a few weeks. Bound to be some Black Friday or Christmas offers. Qatar often do some very good Aus deals via DOH, particularly if you’re willing to do an ex-EU.

Thanks gumshoe -QR had some reasonable fares a few weeks back but as usual I faffed about :) ....

DL
#946964 by PeterStansfield
11 Nov 2018, 15:47
I can't comment about your route and its options, but I CAN comment about ASIANIA. I've been on their 747 in the old F (Which they sell as J). plane was a bit tired, but LOADS of room - far more room than you'd get on a F 747 on BA or Qantas. Asiania feel a little old fashioned compared with Korean, but I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again

Peter
#946965 by seany
11 Nov 2018, 17:27
If you're willing to do an ex-EU out of Frankfurt and connect in Beijing, Air China have a flash sale today with staggering fares to Australia, business for just £1280 return!

Can't comment on Air China J, but you rarely get such fares to MEL and SYD.

Must book today though.
#946966 by DragonLady
11 Nov 2018, 20:04
seany wrote:If you're willing to do an ex-EU out of Frankfurt and connect in Beijing, Air China have a flash sale today with staggering fares to Australia, business for just £1280 return!

Can't comment on Air China J, but you rarely get such fares to MEL and SYD.

Must book today though.

Looked when the flash sale was announced but the fares aren’t available for anytime in March (so pushed it to £3,500 which I won’t pay for CA).
Peter, old fashioned is fine :) -looks like they could be a viable option :).
Thanks again both,
DL
Virgin Atlantic