This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#962020 by mjb
22 Jul 2023, 06:48
I’m booked onto what seems like a busy A350 from MCO to MAN next year. Just tried to select the seats but it’s either sit next to the toilet or pay £55 each per ticket! Virgin I thought you were better than this! Just seen their justification to allow “choice”. The only choice people are making is not to book them.

When the inevitable happens that the only seats left are the stupidly priced “preferred” seats what happens next? Do they open them for allocation for “free” or do I have to pay up/wait for online check in?

I’m thinking I might just have to bite the bullet here and pay up. But obviously they don’t offer a refund if standard seats become available.
#962024 by mitchja
22 Jul 2023, 11:14
VS started charging for certain rows in Premium last year. Any remaining seats (excluding bulk-head or exit rows) become available to select at no change when OLCI opens at T-24Hrs.
#962028 by mjb
22 Jul 2023, 13:01
Well fair play to VA. Because I’m travelling with a child they’ve offered two of those seats for no extra charge. Credit where it’s due.
#962032 by roadrunner
23 Jul 2023, 01:06
Interestingly very few have extended to paying for those 'choice' seats on our weekend flight coming up-- imagine those who did pay won't be well pleased to see them offered for free.
#962033 by mjb
23 Jul 2023, 10:36
Let’s be honest they’re not even better seats. Very odd choice to charge more for them.

People clearly don’t think it’s worth it - all of these are available with every other seat bar 3 taken. It effectively becomes like Ryanair after that when you pay to ensure you’re sat together on the seats left. This is clearly an unreasonable approach when travelling with children in a “premium” cabin.
#962400 by parkview094
18 Sep 2023, 08:38
Booked in PE for an upcoming flight to Seattle but there are only chargeable seats available for selection.
Virgin's 'Premium' page states: Select Premium seat anytime ..but seemingly this is only subject to availability.
Is this not a bit misleading?
Called CS to query and was told that my ticket did not include a seat and that if only the chargeable seats were left available, we would be required to pay for these at check-in.
Clearly (at least I hope) the rep was wrong, so I've lodged a complaint but really frustrating to not be able to choose any seat other than paying £110 for 2 to sit right next to the family/child seats >-(
Virgin Atlantic