Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#262350 by oldboy
17 Feb 2010, 18:13
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After an enjoyable if cold few daysin New York it was time to head home. Traffic from Manhattan a little slower than usual due to winter weather conditions but still only 1 hours from East 52nd St to JFK.

Check in very good with an very jolly lady on the desk who really made the boys and myself smile.Told that flight was scheduled to leave on time which given the falling snow was good news.

Lounge was fine with more friendly reception staff than I have encountered on previous visits. The boys both opted for the Clubhouse burger which they enjoyed with me just having soup {pumpkin I think} which was fine. Lounge never got very busy and we were called at around 19.00 for our 'on time' 19.50 departure. Security although not over efficent was not bad for JFK.
Once on board it became evident that we would not depart on time as the aircraft had to be de-iced whichn ended up causing a delay of just over an hour.
Once in the air all was fine, 255 passangers on board with UC looking pretty full. To allow time for sleep I went for the Express Supper ie salad, cheese & biscuits + fruit which was fine.Just before getting my head down my youngest son persuaded me to have a quick drink with him at the bar.He still gets a real buzz from drinking at a bar on an aircraft but I am afraid the novelty of sitting having a drink next to a constantly opening and closing toilet door has lost its appeal for me.
Aircraft all looked clean and tidy and crew very good.

Very smoothly through immigration and just about a 1 minute wait until our baggage arrived.

All in all a very satisfactory flight.

oldboy