LREDI wrote:VS will be hoping the Caribbean and US opens in July. Otherwise, I suspect they'll be looking at a further round of capital raising/payment deferrals, that said, their cost base is significantly lower so they're in a better situation when the eventual rebound does materialise.
I really feel sorry for VS. They have had no financial help apart from what they have arranged themselves and there has been a complete lack of consideration given to the aviation industry as a whole.
I hope those routes do start in July, but this Indian variant is making it extremely unlikely at the moment.
I could maybe see some potential solutions for VS:
- Sale and lease back of the 4 A350s that they currently own (POP, DOT, JAM & PRD).
- Retire all of the A330-200s with immediate effect (and maybe a couple of the -300s).
- Moving some cargo operations to Manchester may save them some money.
- Adding domestic flights to UK staycation destinations such as Cornwall.
- Immediately selling the A339s they own when they are delivered and leasing them back.
I don’t know whether any of those are possible or not.