This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#960930 by 747G-VXLG
21 May 2021, 21:26
Has there been any details released yet on when Terminal 2 at Manchester is reopening and whether the new clubhouse will be opening with the terminal?
#960948 by Miked1e
24 May 2021, 07:44
New to this board and something which I am very much interested in finding out too after booking our VS flights at the weekend.

I have only read before that the clubhouse (and more importantly, terminal) is ready and I expect when more flights and demand during the summer then both will be open.

Hopefully by August / September...
#960954 by 747G-VXLG
24 May 2021, 17:13
Miked1e wrote:New to this board and something which I am very much interested in finding out too after booking our VS flights at the weekend.

I have only read before that the clubhouse (and more importantly, terminal) is ready and I expect when more flights and demand during the summer then both will be open.

Hopefully by August / September...

If the US is open by then, August / September seems realistic.
#961316 by mitchja
12 Jul 2021, 09:02
The new T2 at MAN opens July 14th. More details. can be found here.

Initially only Jet2, TUI and Singapore Airlines are moving back to T2 from that date:

All Jet2 flights depart T2 from July 14th
All TUI flights depart T2 from July 15th
Singapore Airlines depart T2 from July 17th

No word about VS yet, though their MAN ops are not due to re-start until Aug 8th anyway.
#961320 by mitchja
12 Jul 2021, 09:30
Lets see what happens on Aug 8th when VS ops at MAN re-start.

I've got a VS MAN>JFK flight on Sept 9th so I've got everything crossed here that a new Clubhouse will be open.

Hopefully though what ever happens MAN will finally get *proper* priority security lanes (i.e. just for J/F pax and not every person and his dog who pays for a priority security line pass) and no more crappy Escape+ lounge now with VS flights from MAN going forwards!
#961323 by Lucydog
13 Jul 2021, 11:30
Also chatted to virgin about V Room in t2 but said still not sure if we will get it as not yet confirmed hopefully this will be reported in the next month or so. There are different new lounge designs and costs involved not cheep. Check out the new video on utube looks lovely. :-D Not much longer to go this is my 3 rd move. >-( Happy times soon.
#961327 by mitchja
13 Jul 2021, 20:08
Be interesting to see which lounge SQ will use in the new T2 when they re-start ops on July 17th? They still list the old Swissport lounge for MAN T2 on their website.
#961347 by gumshoe
15 Jul 2021, 19:00
HfP suggesting today that the MAN CH won’t open until 2022 as there won’t be the passenger numbers to justify opening this year.

In the meantime, VS has contracted the premium 1903 Lounge (a step up from the old Escape Plus).
#961399 by 747G-VXLG
20 Jul 2021, 00:34
mitchja wrote:The MAN lounge info on the VS website has now been updated confirming they will be using the lounge 1903 at MAN once they re-start flights from T2.

It’s a shame that there is no clubhouse open for when the flights start, but at least they aren’t in T1!
For those interested in the new terminal, Manchester airport have shared pics and videos on social media platforms.
Virgin Atlantic