For all non-Virgin travel topics, with subforums for popular common themes.
#962387 by mallin
14 Sep 2023, 10:37
As we are off to Vegas in a few weeks, I wanted to check on some details on the hotel website and noticed it had been down for a few day.

On looking further into it all MGM properties have been subjected to a massive cyber attack and all their properties websites are down. The FBI are looking into it on us news sites.

People cannot get into their rooms or book reservations or use some facilities. So hoping its all sorted before we go as some establishments could only take cash as their wifi is down.

They are also offering free cancellations for this week at the moment, I hope it doesn't come to that as we have a large side trip to California also planned.
#962396 by catsilversword
17 Sep 2023, 23:44
What a situation. My understanding is that Caesars’ properties have paid up, but that MGM is refusing. Kudos to them in one way, though of course not if, like you, you have a trip shortly. My guess is that something will have to give, can’t see it carrying on as it is.

Worrying time for you though. Always seems to be something, right?!
#962416 by mallin
19 Sep 2023, 13:46
Hi Clare,

Yes a bit annoying but some of the site is available just not room selection and trips already booked. We normally email for a room to be assigned by our contact at the hotel but I think their emails system is down so will have to fight it out at check in.Lin