Questions please re flight in 2 days to USA.
1) Have completed CDC attestation form today on the VIrgin website. It now shows as status submitted on VS site.
Do I need to print off this screen shot or do I still need to complete the 7 page CDC pdf attestation file and print the 24 pages?
2) Travelling with children under 16. Will I still be able to check in online 24 hours before hand?
3) Finally if the night before flight I go to LHR VS check in desk nd ask nicely will they check my paperwork etc for my piece of mind. I appreciate I still need to checkin properly on the morning of the flight and drop bags.
1) No, nothing else is required. They will likely just ask you if you have completed the attestation form.
2) I would say so, yes; as the VS OLCI process doesn't seem to be affected or blocked in any way by these extra checks.
3) Unlikely sorry. As long you have your negative COVID-19 PCR or lateral flow test results taken within a day of travel and your NHS vaccination travel pass with you, you will be fine.
As I previously mentioned though IMHO printing everything does seem to speed the extra checks up as remember the the NHS app requires a data connection to display your travel passes/QR codes. Not really an issue at this end of your journey if your a UK resident, but that could become an issue when you fly home especially if you don't have data roaming enabled on any of your devices. You will need to show your vaccination status again when checking in to fly home.
I've travelled back to the Uk 3 times now since September (BGI, FLL via JFK & NAS) and every time I've seen passengers struggle accessing their NHS travel passes on their devices.
If you use an iOS device with at least iOS 15.2 installed, you can now add your NHS Travel Covid pass QR codes to your Apple Wallet which does work offline. I've no idea if Android devices have a similar function sorry?
Coming home VS will need to scan your UK Gov passenger locator form QR code which is generated and displayed at the top of the form once you submit it as well as checking your return negative test result performed within 2 days of your return and your vaccination passes again.
Nothing will be required to show UK immigration on your return once you land back in the UK other than your passport.