This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#965202 by vic110
30 Jun 2022, 19:18
It's good news all these extra reward seats but something to be aware of
I managed to change my existing reward seats in Upper from Atlanta to Man to Orlando to Man which saves us driving up to Atlanta or getting an internal flight. BUT I had to pay the increased taxes as the taxes have increased since my original booking so it cost another £305 each !! I hadn't realized the taxes had gone up by so much.
I did question whether I should have to pay the increased taxes and the assistant did check with her manager but we had to pay them if we wanted to change the route. It was worth the extra expense as we would have had to pay an extra fee to drop the hire car in a different state and it saves a long drive.
#965203 by daviis
30 Jun 2022, 20:27
I am fuming with VS as I want to change my 2 Gs on the MCO - LHR route from 9th Oct to 8th Oct. If I search on the website, which I’ve been doing since 2pm yesterday they show as available but if I click continue it only shows indirect MCO-MIA-LHR as available.

I’ve had 2 webchats and after a 3 hour wait spoken to them on the phone but each one tells me that the seats aren't available, however they still show on their website.

Just fed up …….. sorry for the rant !
#965205 by Q_Division
01 Jul 2022, 08:43
daviis wrote:I want to change my 2 Gs on the MCO - LHR route from 9th Oct to 8th Oct. If I search on the website, which I’ve been doing since 2pm yesterday they show as available but if I click continue it only shows indirect MCO-MIA-LHR as available.


Sadly it looks like there is a bug on the website. In "Flexible Date" view it does show direct flights but in "Price Calendar" view it only shows indirect.
#965217 by flyingfox
03 Jul 2022, 15:01
ashs350 wrote:It says guaranteed availability on every flight however I have not seen a single A350 UC seat for LHR - MCO in December.


I am seeing quite a bit of reward flights available on different dates in December. Try selecting a full month so 1st December to 31st, make sure flexible dates box is ticked, when the calendar view comes up then toggle to the price calendar view and you will be able to see individual dates that are available, then go back to the booking screen and select the available dates that you seen on the previous screen. For instance I randomly selected LHR - MCO Tuesday December 13th returning 22nd which is currently available as are other dates either side. Hope that helps.
#965219 by ashs350
03 Jul 2022, 16:34
flyingfox wrote:
ashs350 wrote:It says guaranteed availability on every flight however I have not seen a single A350 UC seat for LHR - MCO in December.


I am seeing quite a bit of reward flights available on different dates in December. Try selecting a full month so 1st December to 31st, make sure flexible dates box is ticked, when the calendar view comes up then toggle to the price calendar view and you will be able to see individual dates that are available, then go back to the booking screen and select the available dates that you seen on the previous screen. For instance I randomly selected LHR - MCO Tuesday December 13th returning 22nd which is currently available as are other dates either side. Hope that helps.


Thanks for the tip. I tried this but all I see is 10:35 departure from LHR on those dates which is an A330. If memory serves me right A350 is an 11:45 departure
#965223 by flyingfox
04 Jul 2022, 12:50
This is the current Winter 22 schedule for the US, sorry no A351 on the LHR-MCO route Dec-March, scheduled to be the A333

Our Winter 22 Flying Schedule

USA
LHR-JFK-LHR 35 per week in Oct/39 per week Nov-Mar A351/B789/A333
LHR-MIA-LHR 7 per week in Oct A333/A351
LHR-LAX-LHR 14 per week A351
LHR-BOS-LHR 7 per week B789
LHR-SFO-LHR 14 per week in Oct/7 per week Nov-Mar B789
LHR-IAD-LHR 5 per week in Oct/7 per week Nov-Mar A333
LHR-MCO-LHR 14 per week in Oct/10 per week in Nov/7 per week Dec-Mar A333
LHR-ATL-LHR 7 per week A351
LHR-SEA-LHR 5 per week in Oct/7 per week Nov-Mar B789
LHR-LAS-LHR 7 per week B789
LHR-AUS-LHR 4 per week B789

Caribbean
LHR-ANU-LHR 3 per week in Oct/4 per week Nov-Mar A333
LHR-BGI-LHR 7 per week in Oct/10 per week Nov-Mar A333/B789
LHR-SVD-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week A333
LHR-TAB-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week A333
LHR-GND-LHR (via BGI) 2 per week A333
LHR-UVF-LHR 3 per week Nov-Mar A333
LHR-MBJ-LHR 4 per week in Oct/7 per week Nov-Mar B789
LHR-NAS-LHR 2 per week B789

London to Rest of World
LHR-PVG-LHR Shanghai restart date to be confirmed
LHR-HKG-LHR 7 per week B789
LHR-DEL-LHR 14 per week B789
LHR-BOM-LHR 7 per week B789
LHR-LHE-LHR 4 per week B789
LHR-ISB-LHR 3 per week B789
LHR-LOS-LHR 7 per week A351
LHR-JNB-LHR 7 per week B789
LHR-CPT-LHR 7 per week Nov-Mar B789
LHR-TLV-LHR 7 per week A333

Manchester and Regional Flying
MAN-MCO-MAN 12 per week in Oct/7 per week Nov-Feb/9 per week in Mar A333
MAN-BGI-MAN 3 per week Nov-Mar A333
MAN-ATL-MAN 5 per week in Oct/4 per week Oct-Feb/7 per week in Mar A333
MAN-JFK-MAN 7 per week Oct-Nov/6 per week in Dec/5 per week Jan-Feb /7 per week in Mar A333
EDI-MCO-EDI 2 per week in Oct A333
MAN-ISB-MAN 2 per week in Oct B789

Last edited by flyingfox on 05 Jul 2022, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
#965229 by VS075
05 Jul 2022, 08:39
flyingfox wrote:This is the current Winter 22 schedule for the US, sorry no A351 on the LHR-MCO route Dec-March, scheduled to be the A333

Our Winter 22 Flying Schedule

<rest snipped>

LHR-HAV-LHR 3 per week Nov-Mar B789



I thought Havana had been announced and then cancelled again? Has there been yet another U-turn?
#965231 by flyingfox
05 Jul 2022, 10:07
VS075 wrote:
flyingfox wrote:This is the current Winter 22 schedule for the US, sorry no A351 on the LHR-MCO route Dec-March, scheduled to be the A333

Our Winter 22 Flying Schedule

<rest snipped>

LHR-HAV-LHR 3 per week Nov-Mar B789



I thought Havana had been announced and then cancelled again? Has there been yet another U-turn?


It’s still cancelled but the master list has not been updated to reflect this, I have edited my list, thanks.
#965250 by OCdreamin
06 Jul 2022, 16:48
I have not tried to analyse the Winter schedule in detail, and honestly lack the knowledge to do so, but it gives the impression of the A351 fleet being under-utilised. Can anyone in the know please comment?
#965257 by VS075
07 Jul 2022, 09:08
OCdreamin wrote:I have not tried to analyse the Winter schedule in detail, and honestly lack the knowledge to do so, but it gives the impression of the A351 fleet being under-utilised. Can anyone in the know please comment?


I must admit I'm a bit surprised some of the Caribbean routes such as BGI aren't looking set to see the A350-1000 this winter at least. That said, I know they progressively switched more Caribbean routes to A330s when the 747s were still around and when I was in Barbados recently the locals were saying there was still a lot less tourists than usual for that time of year (June), so it makes you wonder if forward bookings for the winter season aren't as strong as they were pre-COVID.

I also don't see where the A330neos are going to be working either when deliveries start later this year. However, I'm working to the assumption they will feature on existing A330 routes.
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], rosiej83 and 6 guests

Itinerary Calendar